Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2769
Title: Executive Associate to the President
Department: Office of the President
Essential Personnel: N/A
Job Family: Administrative Support
Job Sub-Family: Administrative Assistance
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 16
Grade Min: $65,866
Grade Mid: $79,040
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Executive Associate to the President provides administrative and operational support to the President, manages the office, and serves as a resource and key point of contact to the President's Cabinet, campus leaders, constituents, community representatives, and the Office of the Board of Regents, as well as providing coordination and liaison with senior executive officers on any matter of interest to the President.
- Manages all aspects of the President's schedule and calendar, including documenting details for each appointment; makes appropriate adjustments to the President's schedule when conflicting priorities occur, notifying all relevant parties
- Provides the President with background information, bios on attendees, and supporting materials in preparation for meetings, speaking engagements, conferences, galas, and interviews
- Manages logistics for meetings, events, and travel, including creating invitation lists, sending invitations, tracking rsvp's, preparing materials and presentations, reserving rooms and equipment, organizing parking, directing room set-up, and making menu selections
- Reviews, proofreads, formats, and processes all correspondence prepared for the President's signature, ensuring consistency with organizational policy and meeting deadlines
- Apprises the President of sensitive and confidential information in a timely manner
- Works with the Marketing department to research and order marketing materials for the President's Office.
- Project manages renovations to the President's Suite, coordinating with Facilities as necessary; maintains the President's office and home office equipment and supplies
- Manages files and the retrieval system
- Manages a full time employee, assigning work and making the final decisions on performance evaluation
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Has primary responsibility for conducting performance evaluations and making recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of related job experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all MS Office programs
- Strong organizational and project management skills;
- Excellent customer service skills; good interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
- Must have precise hand-eye coordination and the ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Individual will occasionally be required to work evenings and weekends
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
Customer Relations Management
- Ensures customer's needs and expectations are addressed within his/her department or section. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Mentors and guides department/section staff by sharing knowledge and best practices to appropriately respond to customer's requests.
- Monitors staff interactions with customers for professional conduct, consistent application of university policies and procedures, and follow up of outstanding requests.
- Assumes responsibility for addressing complex or unusual requests.
- Formulates plans and strategies to proactively resolve anticipated problems.
- Prudently responds to unforeseen problems through careful consideration and analysis of problem and relevant information and circumstances.
- Recognizes and apprises appropriate university administrator when resolution requires senior management input and/or approval.
- Supervises the work of staff employees.
- Sets clear goals and expectations within reasonable timeframes.
- Motivates staff through constructive feedback, challenging assignments, and recognition of achievements.
- Provides mentorship and guidance by sharing expertise and best practices.
- Supports staff by providing essential resources, professional development opportunities, and open communication.
- Promptly addresses performance issues with appropriate measures and discretion.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.