Basic Position Information
Job Code: 5085
Title: Executive Assistant
Essential Personnel: N/A
Job Family: Administrative Support
Job Sub-Family: Administrative Assistance
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 15
Grade Min: $58,809
Grade Mid: $70,571
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: Y
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Executive Assistant provides administrative and operational support to an Executive Office. The Executive Assistant provides advanced support on highly confidential and sensitive matters, and performs a wide range of administrative duties.
- Provides executive support to an Executive with responsibility for managing the calendar, travel schedule, project activities, information retrieval, and complex administrative matters.
- Serves as the key liaison on behalf of the Executive, prioritizing and coordinating meetings, maintaining the calendar, executing special projects and following through on issues, preparing reports, and making travel arrangements.
- Serves as a member of the Leadership Team; facilitates bi-weekly senior staff leadership team meetings, including coordinating and preparing agendas and supporting materials, compiling meeting minutes, and following through on deadlines and time-sensitive items.
- Participates in special projects as required, preparing any necessary forms and reports; monitors and controls administrative details on special projects, assists with university-wide projects, enrollment initiatives & campaigns, enrollment awards, commencement, search committees, and facilitates the arrangement of the new employee onboarding process, speaking engagements, conferences, and on-campus interviews and presentations.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the Division, interacting as necessary with the university system, state agencies, community partners, university administrators, donors, alumni, faculty, students, staff, and the general public.
- Maintains an effective and efficient flow of accurate high-level information.
- Organizes and coordinates communication and information on behalf of the Executive; interprets and provides information to faculty, staff, and others concerning office functions, policies, and procedures.
- Communicates with administrative units as necessary to ensure compliance with timelines.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Supervises student workers and/or temporary employees
Delegation of Work:
- May assign work to subordinate(s)
- Trains and counsels subordinate(s). Provides feedback to a supervisor regarding other employees' performance, but does not make hiring and dismissal recommendations.
- Minimum of 60 hours of completed college course work
- Minimum of five (5) years of related job experience
- Must maintain a valid, current driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of general office administrative tasks and procedures
- Strong proficiency in using computer software, particularly MS Office programs and digital publishing and design software
- Ability to work with confidential or sensitive information;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is usually performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; May occasionally be required to work in inclement weather conditions
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
- Must be able to move up to 10lbs
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.