Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2412
Title: Director, PeopleSoft Business Process and Services
Department: Information Technology
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: Enterprise Systems
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 20
Grade Min: $105,177
Grade Mid: $128,842
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Individualized
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: Y
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Director, PeopleSoft Business Process & Services provides oversight and direction for PeopleSoft business operations and service, and oversees business processes reviews and business process re-engineering.
- Collaborates with the accounting and business offices to review financial and accounting business processes
- Develops new processes to maximize system efficiency and customer service
- Reviews financial system configurations in PeopleSoft to ensure efficiency and accuracy
- Provides guidance and support to all PeopleSoft users; develops leadership and operations reports for the PeopleSoft student, financial, and human resources systems
- Oversees the development of complex PeopleSoft queries for individual units
- Serves a project lead and subject matter experts for PeopleSoft related projects
- Provides guidance to the university's IT leadership, Chief Accounting Officer, Enrollment Services leadership, and others as necessary
- Designs and conducts PeopleSoft training and support materials for PeopleSoft and other administrative and business operations
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Technology, or a related field
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience with all aspects of PeopleSoft software setup and system implementation
- Minimum of five (5) years with Campus Solutions and SIS implementation in higher education
- Experience in new system implementation and system conversion
- Master's degree (MBA, Business, Accounting) is preferred
- Banner familiarity is preferred
- Experience in SIS system conversion in higher education is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Higher Education policy on tuition, fee charging, refunding, sponsorship payment, and taxes
- Knowledge of basic accounting terms and processes.
- Good technical skills, including PeopleSoft SQL and proficiency in MS Office
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to train people
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Demonstrates the ability to make informed decisions in a timely manner.
- Assimilates and/or secures relevant information to assess the risks and benefits of alternatives.
- Considers impact of decision in the long and short term.
- Demonstrates the ability to orally convey subject or message clearly and concisely to the intended audience.
- Generates interest and enthusiasm in the subject or message from the participants.
- Responds to participants' reactions or comments, and adjusts delivery style and/or format of presentation as needed.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the subject or topic to provide practical responses to questions or issues.
- Displays applicable visuals and provides appropriate written materials to support the presentation.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in a technical area.
- Effectively applies expertise to troubleshoot existing systems and develop solutions with existing technology.
- Competent to learn new technologies and integrate them with existing technology.
- Willing to share expertise and provide technical assistance to others.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.