Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2216
Title: Director, Enterprise Systems
Department: Enterprise Systems
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: Enterprise Systems
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 20
Grade Min: $105,177
Grade Mid: $128,842
UHD Succession Plan: Y
Criticality of Position: Vital
Career Ladder: Individualized
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: Y
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Director, Enterprise Systems directs the administrative application development group and web application development projects, manages administrative technology service projects, and maintains the student information system application.
- Manages the administrative technology services and projects.
- Participates in the overall planning and management of services offered, collaborating with other directors and managers as necessary to improve services.
- Oversees the maintenance and operations of the student information system; monitors the student information system application performance.
- Oversees the development of new processes to provide data integration for various third party applications; oversees the development of in-house applications to integrate with the student information system.
- Schedules the server processes on a daily basis; monitors problems that arise on the servers.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Has primary responsibility for conducting performance evaluations and making recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees.
- Professional degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience with the development, implementation, and operational oversight of Enterprise Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the processes, trends, and best practices in managing enterprise systems in higher education.
- Good technical skills, including strong proficiency in relational databases, application design, and application and business logics;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lead and manage a team;
- Ability to troubleshoot issues that arise;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks. Must have precise hand-eye coordination, good spatial awareness, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Customer Relations Management
- Ensures customer's needs and expectations are addressed within his/her department or section. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Mentors and guides department/section staff by sharing knowledge and best practices to appropriately respond to customer's requests.
- Monitors staff interactions with customers for professional conduct, consistent application of university policies and procedures, and follow up of outstanding requests.
- Assumes responsibility for addressing complex or unusual requests.
- Demonstrates the ability to make informed decisions in a timely manner.
- Assimilates and/or secures relevant information to assess the risks and benefits of alternatives.
- Considers impact of decision in the long and short term.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Manages department or section planning and assessment consistent with the university's goals and objectives and executive management's directives.
- Develops and oversees administration of the department/section budget to ensure effective utilization of financial resources and appropriate disbursement of funds.
- Fosters a cooperative and productive work environment that advances department/section operations and initiatives through motivation, encouragement, and professional development of staff.
- Develops department/section procedures and work rules for compliance with government regulations and university policies; participates in the development and revision of applicable university policies.
- Competently represents the department/section through interactions with the university community and/or external constituents.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Supervises the work of staff employees.
- Sets clear goals and expectations within reasonable timeframes.
- Motivates staff through constructive feedback, challenging assignments, and recognition of achievements.
- Provides mentorship and guidance by sharing expertise and best practices.
- Supports staff by providing essential resources, professional development opportunities, and open communication.
- Promptly addresses performance issues with appropriate measures and discretion.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.