Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2476
Title: Director, Academic Scheduling and Integrated Services
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Enrollment Management
Job Sub-Family: Student Records
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 16
Grade Min: $65,866
Grade Mid: $79,040
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Individualized
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: Y
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Director, Academic Scheduling and Integrated Services promotes productivity, collaboration, and effectiveness within and between all sections of the Registrar's office. The Director evaluates processes, develops plans for improvement, and assists and advises the Registrar and senior administrators on key policy initiatives.
- Serves as the Registrar's Office expert for Academic Curriculum, ensuring that the curriculum complies with relevant regulations and policies and is interpreted correctly.
- Implements and manages a strategic publishing cycle that drives the Curriculum Committee's agenda and output; certifies that the catalog accurately reflects approved curricular changes at program and course level; creates a comprehensive academic calendar in collaboration with UHS.
- Negotiates with external and internal partners year round in planning UHD undergraduate and graduate commencement exercises; leads the large-scale staffing operation required for each ceremony; determines best practices and procedures for ceremony logistics, and timings, and manages the Commencement Ambassador team.
- Evaluates procedures and policies required to improve schedule operations; analyzes constraints, pedagogical needs, room technology, and balance preferences against utilization standards to ensure timely student degree progress.
- Serves as Enrollment Management executive leadership liaison in key strategic and planning initiatives; negotiates on behalf of Enrollment Management and exercises signatory authority.
- Maps, analyzes, and documents internal business processes; resolves complex, high profile, sensitive issues pertaining to faculty and staff; leads, trains, and directs integration goals of essential Registrar Office systems.
- Reviews and approves exceptions to university policies and procedures; defines the purpose and process for ongoing exceptions to routine procedures; identifies and promotes best practices.
- Researches and analyzes UHD demand data to guide colleges in providing relevant offerings; integrates data from across the institution as required; ensures data integrity and accurate state reporting; creates reports and collates data as required for senior leadership, external audits, and internal assessments.
- Leads the strategic implementation and standardization of the student academic enterprise wide system services to the larger university community.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Has primary responsibility for conducting performance evaluations and making recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a Registrar's office, including experience with directing staff and student records.
- Master's degree is preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience in higher education is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the operations of the Registrar's office, and the related trends, issues, and accepted practices.
- Strong logical and analytical problem solving skills;
- Good critical thinking skills; strong attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good organizational, time management, and project planning skills;
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Ability to collect, verify, and report data; ability to make administrative and procedural decisions or judgments on sensitive, confidential issues; ability to take the initiative on action points;
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously in a high pressure environment;
- Ability to strategize and to be detail oriented;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Supervises the work of staff employees.
- Sets clear goals and expectations within reasonable timeframes.
- Motivates staff through constructive feedback, challenging assignments, and recognition of achievements.
- Provides mentorship and guidance by sharing expertise and best practices.
- Supports staff by providing essential resources, professional development opportunities, and open communication.
- Promptly addresses performance issues with appropriate measures and discretion.
- Demonstrates the ability to make informed decisions in a timely manner.
- Assimilates and/or secures relevant information to assess the risks and benefits of alternatives.
- Considers impact of decision in the long and short term.
Building External Relationships
- Demonstrates the ability to build rapport and develop relationships with external constituents.
- Displays a genuine interest in constituents' ideas and concerns, and pursues mutual interests and aspirations between the university and external constituents.
- Builds trust and forms alliances through shared respect and cooperation.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.