Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2593
Title: Coordinator, Purchasing II
Department: Procurement & Contracts
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Financial Services
Job Sub-Family: Procurement, Contracts & Accounts Payable
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 15
Grade Min: $58,809
Grade Mid: $70,571
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Coordinator, Purchasing II processes purchase orders for all university departments according to all relevant policies, laws, and statutes, manages the procurement card program, and provides support in departmental responsibilities.
- Processes purchase orders and changes to purchase orders, creating formal and informal solicitations for bids and reviewing requisitions within a 48 hour turnaround time
- Provides a high level of customer care to all university departments and vendors, answering queries promptly and professionally
- Manages the procurement card program in accordance with all relevant policies and procedures, ensuring that monthly statements are paid on time, supporting card holders and processors with all account issues and new account requests, providing any necessary training, and carrying out all administrative tasks related to the maintenance of the program
- Supports the HUB program at the university, ensuring compliance with State of Texas requirements; prepares reports, and assists with the coordination of HUB vendor fairs and attends State and agency HUB fairs
- Conducts training on requisitioning and on procurement cards as necessary
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Minimum of four (4) years of related job experience
- Certified Texas Contract Developer (CTCD) certification required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Texas Procurement Statutes, and their application in a higher education environment
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to use the university's computer systems and software to run reports and create purchase orders
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements;
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.