Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2592
Title: Coordinator, Purchasing I
Department: Procurement & Contracts
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Financial Services
Job Sub-Family: Procurement, Contracts & Accounts Payable
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 14
Grade Min: $52,981
Grade Mid: $63,578
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Coordinator, Purchasing I coordinates purchases for the university, providing advice and guidance to all departments as necessary, and ensuring that all relevant policies, procedures, statutes, and laws are adhered to.
- Provides support and advice for all university personnel and departments in relation to matters regarding purchasing.
- Reviews purchase requisitions, acts as the final approver, and issues approved Purchase Orders to vendors.
- Conducts procurement card reviews and audits, ensuring that proper documentation was included and that all protocols, policies, and statutes have been followed; takes appropriate action upon instances of non-compliance.
- Conducts formal departmental training as required.
- Maintains departmental records, databases, and accounts as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience, ideally in Texas Higher Education
- Certified Texas Contract Developer (CTCD) certification required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Texas Procurement Statutes, and their application in a higher education environment.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to use the university's computer programs, and the Microsoft Office suite in particular; ability to train people.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates the ability to orally convey subject or message clearly and concisely to the intended audience.
- Generates interest and enthusiasm in the subject or message from the participants.
- Responds to participants' reactions or comments, and adjusts delivery style and/or format of presentation as needed.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the subject or topic to provide practical responses to questions or issues.
- Displays applicable visuals and provides appropriate written materials to support the presentation.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.