Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2454
Title: Coordinator, Graduate Admissions
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Enrollment Management
Job Sub-Family: Admissions
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 13
Grade Min: $47,731
Grade Mid: $57,277
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Coordinator, Graduate Admissions promotes the University's graduate programs and facilitates the enrollment of students. The position is responsible for recruiting and retaining graduate students in collaboration with the colleges.
Communicates with prospective graduate services and participates in activities involving projection of the University's image to the public.
- Develops, coordinates and executes recruitment plans, campaigns and events to promote the university's graduate programs
- Assists in implementing all phases of graduate recruitment and increases graduate enrollment
- Establishes relationships with corporate, governmental, educational and other organizational and professional associations
- Works with colleges to gain understanding of graduate programs
- Establishes contacts with prospective, current, and former students
- Maintains student records
- Performs other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Minimum of two (2) years of job-related experience
- Experience in recruitment or sales, student information systems, and higher education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to the position
- Candidates must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Spends most of the time conducting field-based recruitment efforts and the remaining time in campus-based efforts.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements
- Position is physically comfortable;
- Individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Demonstrates the ability to advise and assist university students and/or prospective students with academic plans and course selection, financial options, career plans, and/or student opportunities.
- Shares relevant knowledge and insight to apprise students of the university's programs and services.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Listens and responds to student requests and concerns with patience and understanding.
- Treats students with respect.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.