Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2203
Title: Coordinator, Constituent Relations
Department: Conference & Events Services
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: External Relations
Job Sub-Family: Alumni & Events
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 13
Grade Min: $47,731
Grade Mid: $57,277
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: Y
The Coordinator, Constituent Relations serves as a liaison between the internal and external Constituents of the university and the Alumni Department, the Events Department, and the President's Office.
- Manages daily communications with the internal and external constituents for the Alumni Department, the Events Department; manages communications from the President's Office as necessary.
- Assists with business luncheons for the President and his constituents, including escorting guests to the office, preparing goodie bags, setting the conference room, preparing and plating meals, and serving the President and his constituents.
- Works with the Special Events team on projects for day and evening events, assisting the team with overseeing the logistics of the event.
- Plans and oversees the bookings and logistics for alumni events.
- Works with media relations as necessary to create suitable graphics and content; orders all promotional items for the Alumni Department and for distribution to alumni.
- Works with the university's modules team to implement and create the registration for ticketed and non-ticketed events.
- Posts on social media for the Alumni Departments, promoting events, including, but not limited to, the Food drive distribution, Gator Grit series, webinar series, and the Discovery Green Alumni concert series.
- Serves on the Homecoming Committee, helping to order and organize the alumni booth.
- Answers emails and calls from alumni constituents; stores data from alumni events appropriately.
- Supervises student workers.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Supervises student workers and/or temporary employees
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Supervises the work of student and/or temporary employees.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
- Must maintain a valid, current driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of using social media platforms.
- Strong MS Word and Excel skills;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team;
- Ability to create letters and memos and to produce reports;
- Ability to use commonly used software and to learn new software.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
Building External Relationships
- Demonstrates the ability to build rapport and develop relationships with external constituents.
- Displays a genuine interest in constituents' ideas and concerns, and pursues mutual interests and aspirations between the university and external constituents.
- Builds trust and forms alliances through shared respect and cooperation.
- Supervises the work of staff employees.
- Sets clear goals and expectations within reasonable timeframes.
- Motivates staff through constructive feedback, challenging assignments, and recognition of achievements.
- Provides mentorship and guidance by sharing expertise and best practices.
- Supports staff by providing essential resources, professional development opportunities, and open communication.
- Promptly addresses performance issues with appropriate measures and discretion.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.