Basic Position Information
Job Code: 3075
Title: Coordinator, Career Services Employer Relations
Department: Career Development Center
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Student Operations
Job Sub-Family: Student Support
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 13
Grade Min: $47,731
Grade Mid: $57,277
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: Y
The Coordinator develops, implements, and assesses activities to connect with employers, increase job postings, and recruit UHD students and alumni. Builds relationships and creates awareness among corporate and community organizations about the benefits of recruiting and hiring UHD students and alumni and the career center's services.
- Develops and maintains employer relationships to expand the range of employer recruiting activities. Actively pursues college relations/recruiter contacts as well as other hiring sources for students and alumni
- Maintains employer tracking data for monthly and annual reporting
- Develops and implements marketing plans to increase student awareness and education of the Main Career Center, career readiness, and job and internship opportunities posted in Jobs4Gators
- Collaborates with other departments, faculty, and staff to promote jobs and events
- Coordinates career development programs involving employers, including, but not limited to, career fairs, employer information sessions, employer tabling, networking, interviewing, and company tours
- Manages employer and student access to CSM Jobs4Gators as well as employer information and approval of job and internship postings contained in the CSM system
- Coordinates with the Director recent graduates employment survey distribution and communication for annual reporting
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- May supervise part-time employee(s)
Delegation of Work:
- May occasionally assigns work to subordinate(s)
- May train and counsel others. May provide feedback to a supervisor regarding other employees' performance, but does not make hiring and dismissal recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Human Resources, and Communications
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License to drive a vehicle
- Information systems and database management experience in Symplicity CSM.
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with college recruiting from higher education or a business perspective
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to the position
- Candidates must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to build rapport and develops relationships with external constituents. Expresses genuine interest in employer concerns and ideas and pursues mutual benefits to the employer and university; Builds trust and forms alliances
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Travel may be necessary to meet with employers in the area
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Leads the work of assigned staff.
- Assigns projects and tasks with clear instructions and understanding of work to be performed.
- Mentors and guides by sharing expertise, knowledge of work rules and procedures, and best practices.
- Follows up to ensure tasks and projects are completed within reasonable timeframes.
- Formulates plans and strategies to proactively resolve anticipated problems.
- Prudently responds to unforeseen problems through careful consideration and analysis of problem and relevant information and circumstances.
- Recognizes and apprises appropriate university administrator when resolution requires senior management input and/or approval.
Building External Relationships
- Demonstrates the ability to build rapport and develop relationships with external constituents.
- Displays a genuine interest in constituents' ideas and concerns, and pursues mutual interests and aspirations between the university and external constituents.
- Builds trust and forms alliances through shared respect and cooperation.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.