Basic Position Information
Job Code: 5677
Title: Contact Center Representative
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Student Operations
Job Sub-Family: Student Support
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 10
Grade Min: $36,294
Grade Mid: $42,645
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Contact Center Representative answers incoming calls related to enrollment services, provides callers with assistance and creates a ticket for the relevant department.
- Answers all incoming calls, and provides callers with the information.
- Creates and submits a ticket to the relevant department if unable to answer a query.
- Assists students by answering general questions.
- Review and responds to emails.
- Reviews Smartsheet for updates on tickets, following up as necessary before completing and closing them.
- Assists the supervisor to train new and temporary staff members as necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year of related job experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of commonly referred to processes, policies, and procedures within the university, and the related trends, issues, and accepted practices.
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office and PeopleSoft;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills;
- Good critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a team; ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks. Must have precise hand-eye coordination and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to advise and assist university students and/or prospective students with academic plans and course selection, financial options, career plans, and/or student opportunities.
- Shares relevant knowledge and insight to apprise students of the university's programs and services.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Listens and responds to student requests and concerns with patience and understanding.
- Treats students with respect.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.