Basic Position Information
Job Code: 4090
Title: College Web Technical Support Specialist
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: Non-IT Technical Staff
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 12
Grade Min: $43,001
Grade Mid: $51,601
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The College Web Technical Support Specialist provides general technical support to students, faculty, staff, and visitors of the college.
- Provides technical support to faculty and staff for all hardware and software used, including, but not limited to Qualtrics, MS Office, online meeting/conference equipment and software, video production and editing equipment and software, and social media applications.
- Develops, updates, and maintains the college, individual departments', and faculty webpages, maintaining compliance with UHD web graphics and ADA guidelines.
- Creates graphics for college, faculty, and staff use, including, but not limited to, graphics for flyers, posters, brochures, and t-shirt designs.
- Manages social media accounts as requested.
- Tests and demonstrates new technology or proposed new technology as required.
- Analyzes web issues and makes suitable recommendations.
- Collaborates with other departments as necessary for various web based development projects and for event, marketing, and photography needs.
- Maintains and updates college events on the UHD calendar.
- Audits and evaluates best practices; keeps current with emerging web technologies and recommends and implements changes.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree in Web Development/Programming, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of one (1) year of related job experience, including experience of working in a technology field/environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, web coding, and content management, and the related trends, issues, and accepted practices.
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in Adobe and site improvement software;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be creative; ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks. Must have precise hand-eye coordination, good spatial awareness, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in one or more functional areas.
- Effectively applies expertise to identify user issues with existing systems and coordinate resolution with technical staff.
- Understands business processes to successfully integrate them with existing and new systems.
- Competent to coordinate requests for system modifications with technical staff.
- Willing to share expertise and provide functional assistance to others.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.