Basic Position Information
Job Code: 3005
Title: Clinical Case Coordinator
Department: Social Sciences
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Student Operations
Job Sub-Family: Student Affairs
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 13
Grade Min: $47,731
Grade Mid: $57,277
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Clinical Case Coordinator provides program management and counseling services at UHD.
- Provides professional counseling services for UHD students, including individual, group, crisis, and occasional couples counseling
- Manages the day to day operations of the grant to include scheduling provider meetings, planning presentations, developing service groups and obtaining required data for program evaluation
- Responds to early alert referrals requiring counselor intervention and work with faculty to assist students experiencing academic or personal challenges
- Trainings in sleep, hygiene, and suicide prevention
- Maintains a database of local and regional referral resources and liaison to community mental health providers (e.g., establishing and maintaining relationships, ensuring regular meet-and-greets, etc.)
- Manages and implements program evaluation, data collection, and archival for program
- Oversees program expenditures and ensures adherence to budget
- Performs other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in psychology, counseling, social work, or a related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of job-related experience
- Counseling licensure (i.e. LCSW, LPC, LMFT, LPA, or LP. Licensed independent)
- Experience working with college students
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to the position
- Candidates must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to meet priority deadlines and unexpected events
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community
- Ability to exhibit a detail oriented focus and is committed to a high level of service to students
- Ability to understand the critical importance of confidentiality and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements.
- Position is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to advise and assist university students and/or prospective students with academic plans and course selection, financial options, career plans, and/or student opportunities.
- Shares relevant knowledge and insight to apprise students of the university's programs and services.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Listens and responds to student requests and concerns with patience and understanding.
- Treats students with respect.
- Leads the work of assigned staff.
- Assigns projects and tasks with clear instructions and understanding of work to be performed.
- Mentors and guides by sharing expertise, knowledge of work rules and procedures, and best practices.
- Follows up to ensure tasks and projects are completed within reasonable timeframes.
- Formulates plans and strategies to proactively resolve anticipated problems.
- Prudently responds to unforeseen problems through careful consideration and analysis of problem and relevant information and circumstances.
- Recognizes and apprises appropriate university administrator when resolution requires senior management input and/or approval.
- Demonstrates the ability to orally convey subject or message clearly and concisely to the intended audience.
- Generates interest and enthusiasm in the subject or message from the participants.
- Responds to participants' reactions or comments, and adjusts delivery style and/or format of presentation as needed.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the subject or topic to provide practical responses to questions or issues.
- Displays applicable visuals and provides appropriate written materials to support the presentation.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.