Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2474
Title: Assistant Registrar, Records, Registration and Reporting
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Enrollment Management
Job Sub-Family: Student Records
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 14
Grade Min: $52,981
Grade Mid: $63,578
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Associate Registrar, Records, Registration and Reporting manages the Registrar's Office and the staff associated with core operational functions, including registration, academic records management, and maintenance of the processes for the equitable and consistent administration of policies and procedures as they relate to registration and academic record keeping.
- Oversees activities related to registration, end of term processing, enrollment and degree verification, transcripts, and grading.
- Ensures the integrity, accuracy, and security of all academic records of current and former students.
- Facilitates an effective student registration process.
- Maintains compliance with established record release procedures, including the Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Provides assistance and advice on key policy initiatives; helps interpret and enforce academic policies and regulations of the university.
- Collaborates with other college and university offices to assist with resolving student registration and record problems.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Has primary responsibility for conducting performance evaluations and making recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related job experience
- Master's degree is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of student information systems; knowledge of the operations of a Registrar's office in a higher education environment, and of the associated trends, issues, and accepted practices.
- Good technical skills; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop reports, plans, budgets, and regulations related to student records; ability to take initiative without direct supervision; ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information; ability to exercise critical thinking and independent judgment.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Leads the work of assigned staff.
- Assigns projects and tasks with clear instructions and understanding of work to be performed.
- Mentors and guides by sharing expertise, knowledge of work rules and procedures, and best practices.
- Follows up to ensure tasks and projects are completed within reasonable timeframes.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.