Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2331
Title: Assistant Director, International Admissions
Department: Graduate & International Admissions
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Enrollment Management
Job Sub-Family: Admissions
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 15
Grade Min: $58,809
Grade Mid: $70,571
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: Y
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Assistant Director, International Admissions leads the International Admissions Office in achieving the school's enrollment goals and targets. The incumbent assists all prospective, newly admitted, and current international students throughout the application process.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates international recruitment policies, strategies, and activities, ensuring that they are aligned with the university's recruitment and enrollment goals.
- Measures the productivity and effectiveness of all international activities, including monitoring inquiry sources, territories, visa activity, and immigration compliance.
- Analyzes and evaluates admissions applications and foreign credentials for undergraduate and graduate international students.
- Facilitates the cross training of staff in international enrollment related areas; trains department personnel on international admissions procedures.
- Serves as liaison between international students and departments; communicates with departments and students and other staff on international admissions policies, and other immigrations issues.
- Plans and evaluates data reporting systems and prepares reports to assist with decision-making; interprets data to make informed decisions.
- Monitors the accuracy and compliance of SEVIS, I-20 forms, and other immigration documents; processes and maintains student's I-20 (Student's SEVIS record) for newly admitted and current students; advises students on international student F-1 visa compliance and regulations.
- Utilizes computer information systems and software to maximize the efficiency of enrollment plans.
- Partners with the Residency Office to analyze immigration and residency documents to determine visa and tuition status.
- Assists students with all of the services and benefits they are eligible for the duration of their studies, including pre and post-graduation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Has primary responsibility for conducting performance evaluations and making recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related job experience
- Certification as the School's Designated School Officer (DSO) is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Broad knowledge of International Student's immigration documentation, policies, and regulations.
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office, PeopleSoft, survey software, and student database systems; strong analytical and problem solving skills; excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data; ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks. Must have precise hand-eye coordination and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. Must have the ability to move items of up to 100lbs.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates the ability to advise and assist university students and/or prospective students with academic plans and course selection, financial options, career plans, and/or student opportunities.
- Shares relevant knowledge and insight to apprise students of the university's programs and services.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Listens and responds to student requests and concerns with patience and understanding.
- Treats students with respect.
- Supervises the work of staff employees.
- Sets clear goals and expectations within reasonable timeframes.
- Motivates staff through constructive feedback, challenging assignments, and recognition of achievements.
- Provides mentorship and guidance by sharing expertise and best practices.
- Supports staff by providing essential resources, professional development opportunities, and open communication.
- Promptly addresses performance issues with appropriate measures and discretion.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.