Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2221
Title: Assistant Director, Institutional Assessment
Department: Institutional Effectiveness
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Academic Administration
Job Sub-Family: Academic Affairs
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 15
Grade Min: $58,809
Grade Mid: $70,571
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Assistant Director, Institutional Assessment assists co-curricular departments with assessments and business process improvement.
- Assists in promoting a university-wide culture of assessment through consultation, instruction, and professional development with faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Assists in maintaining compliance with assessment-related accreditation standards, aligning those efforts with SACSCOC requirements.
- Assists faculty, staff, and administrators in designing, implementing, and improving all aspects of the assessment of program-level effectiveness outcomes.
- Develops learning and effectiveness outcomes; researches, develops, and selects valid and reliable assessment instruments aligned to outcomes.
- Develops and coordinates data collection schedules; facilitates norming sessions and juried assessment of outputs; analyzes and summarizes qualitative and quantitative data.
- Drafts assessment reports.
- Coordinates the implementation of improvement strategies.
- Collects and archives materials and information needed to document compliance with accreditation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience, including experience with accreditation software
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of rubric and survey development, rubric norming, basic statistics, and qualitative and quantitative data analysis methods; knowledge of business process mapping, change, and development.
- Proficiency in using assessment tracking and data analysis tools; good technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office and statistical software; strong analytical and problem solving skills; excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
Research and Analysis
- Applies knowledge and skills to collect and analyze relevant data and information.
- Assesses benefits and risks, and prepares comprehensive reports of findings.
- Submits recommendations for management's review and evaluation.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.