Basic Position Information
Job Code: 5113
Title: Admissions Recruiter
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Enrollment Management
Job Sub-Family: Admissions
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 11
Grade Min: $39,923
Grade Mid: $46,910
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Admissions Recruiter supports enrollment efforts by providing admissions information to prospective students and recruiting for admission into the university.
- Recruits and assists with enrolling prospective students by promoting the university and its academic program offerings.
- Manages an assigned territory of high schools and recruitment sources to ensure that there is a robust increase in inquiries and applicant pools from term to term.
- Monitors the progress of students in assigned territories in relation to admissions and enrollment; maintains and shares up-to date student caseload reports and records.
- Collaborates with colleagues to ensure that prospective students receive regular communications, counsel, and support regarding admission.
- Participates and collaborates in the planning of outreach activities and special events.
- Establishes and maintains contact with various community-based organizations to establish opportunities for expanding the applicant pool.
- Distributes recruitment information to prospective students; organizes, maintains, and promotes admissions and scholarship information.
- Represents the university at college and career fairs, conventions, and student recruitment events.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Minimum of one (1) year of related job experience
- Must maintain a valid, current driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the enrollment process at UHD, and of the related trends, issues, and accepted practices.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to build a rapport with prospective students
- Ability to manage an assigned territory of high schools
- Ability to represent UHD at high schools and at career fairs
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Spends a minimum of 85% of time conducting field-based recruitment efforts and the remaining time in campus-based efforts.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
- Must be able to stand for periods of time when speaking to students in scheduled visits (50%), sitting (20%), walking (10%).
- Must be able to lift up to 10lbs, carry up to 50lbs, and pull up to 10lbs. Must be able to drive within a high school territory.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates the ability to advise and assist university students and/or prospective students with academic plans and course selection, financial options, career plans, and/or student opportunities.
- Shares relevant knowledge and insight to apprise students of the university's programs and services.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Listens and responds to student requests and concerns with patience and understanding.
- Treats students with respect.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.