Basic Position Information
Job Code: 5197
Title: Administrative Assistant III
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Administrative Support
Job Sub-Family: Administrative Assistance
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 11
Grade Min: $39,923
Grade Mid: $46,910
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Administrative Assistant III performs a variety of administrative tasks, including financial and human resources tasks, to support the students, staff, and faculty of a complex department or unit.
- Provides information and high level general assistance to students, faculty, and staff as required
- Oversees general daily office operations, including, but not limited to, answering phones and emails, ordering office supplies, ordering promotional items, and ordering business cards
- Prepares expenditure and personnel documents; assists with budget reconciliations
- Maintains records relating to administrative, financial, and human resources matters
- Assists with budget preparation by preparing and submitting cost center verifications and expense reports, updating spreadsheets as necessary
- Runs and verifies various daily, weekly, biweekly, and monthly reports
- Prepares and analyzes complex reports and documents
- Processes vouchers, expense reports, invoices, and monthly p-card statements
- Assists with maintaining the departmental webpage and/or social media sites
- Maintains diaries and schedules for others as necessary, including scheduling appointments, organizing meetings, and making travel arrangements
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Performs tasks related to specific department/college
- May supervise Student Employees
Delegation of Work:
- May assign work to subordinate(s)
- May supervise the work of student workers
- Minimum of 60 hours of completed college course work
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of general office and administration tasks and equipment;
- knowledge of relevant university policies and procedures
- Good technical skills, including strong proficiency in MS Office and PeopleSoft;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills;
- Good attention to detail; strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a timely manner; ability to multitask;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks. Must have precise hand-eye coordination and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. Must have the ability to move items of up to 30lbs.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.