Skip to main content

Workers' Compensation


If you sustain an injury while employed at UHD, you are entitled to receive compensation under the State Employees' Workers' Compensation Program. In the case of a fatality, your legal beneficiaries are entitled to benefits.

For more information, please visit P.S. 02.A.25, Workers' Compensation Policy.

Employee Responsibilities

All claims must be processed through the ESO Benefits Department. As an injured employee, you have the following legal responsibilities to establish a claim for compensation:

  • Notify employer
  • Completing all necessary forms

Network Providers

Texas Insurance Code Chapter 1305 authorizes the establishment of workers' compensation health care networks. The State Office of Risk Management (SORM) has contracted with the CareWorks Texas HCN Network to assist employees in the selection of network providers.

With the exception of emergency care, if you live within the IMO Network coverage area, you are required to obtain medical care from a network provider to receive workers' compensation benefits. For assistance with finding a network provider, visit Careworks Texas Find a Provider.

benefits home graphic
ESO Home graphic

Last updated 11/12/2020 1:22 AM