Friday, April 22, 2022, 3–7 p.m., South Deck
UHD 2022 Chili CookOff Registration Form
Team Registration Fee: $25 (due by Monday, April 18 at 5 p.m.)
Teams must have a minimum of five members with a requirement that the majority be students, faculty, staff, alumni or affiliated partners of the University.
Please submit completed registration packets and fees to Gladis Moya in Suite S910.
Chili Cookoff Team Guidelines
- The Chili Cookoff set-up will start at 8:30 a.m. on April 22.
- Teams will be allowed to bring BEER only; NO liquor.
- Those choosing to consume alcohol must obtain a wristband from the Chili Cookoff Hospitality Tent.
- Beer must be consumed within the South Deck. Individuals cannot walk outside the immediate event grounds with the beer.
- The following WILL NOT BE PERMITTED: NO glass bottles, KEGS, drinking games, binge drinking, or devices intended to accelerate the consumption of alcohol.
- Please be respectful to those around your space.
- Music that is extremely loud or contains profane, explicit, or inappropriate lyrics will NOT be permitted.
***Complimentary beer for those over 21 years of age will be provided by Saint Arnold Brewing Company beginning at 4 p.m. with a limit of three beers per guest.
Contest and Judging
Contest categories include:
- Best Chili
- People's Choice Award
- Best Decor
Judging begins at 4 p.m.
Tasting tickets are available online for guests who would like to attend the Chili Cookoff. In recognition of Employee Appreciation Week, complimentary Chili Cookoff tickets will be available for UHD employees through close of business Monday, April 18. This includes a chili tasting bowl and dessert.
UHD Employee Event Guidelines
- Since cookoff team participation requires members to set up and prepare several hours in advance, staff participating on a team do not have to take vacation leave between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. as it is a University-sponsored event.
- Participating hourly employees should not punch out at 9 a.m. Instead, their managers or TRAM administrators will adjust their timesheets to show work until 5 p.m. If the hourly employee is scheduled to work beyond 5 p.m., he/she will need to take vacation leave for the remaining hours.
- On April 22, staff may attend the Chili Cookoff beginning at 3 p.m., provided there is at least one person on duty in each department until 5 p.m. to accept calls, receive visitors or transact business, as required by state law.
- In addition, since this is a University function, alcohol may not be consumed before 5 p.m. If employees want to drink alcohol before 5 p.m., they must request accrued paid leave (vacation or compensatory time).
For more information, please contact
Best of luck to all teams and we hope to see you at this year's Chili Cookoff!