Definition of "exposure": COVID-19 exposure that could necessitate self-quarantine includes the following activities with a person who is lab-confirmed or suspected* to have COVID-19:
- You had
- You had direct physical contact (touched, hugged, or kissed them),
- You shared eating or drinking utensils,
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you,
- And you are not fully vaccinated.
*“suspected” means diagnosed by a health care provider and/or exhibiting multiple symptoms consistent with COVID-19 but not yet tested or in receipt of test results.
If you are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated, and have had potential exposure to COVID-19, you should:
If you are fully vaccinated (i.e., > 2 weeks following receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series, or > 2 weeks following receipt of one dose of a single dose vaccine),
and you have remained asymptomatic since the current COVID-19 exposure,
you are not required to quarantine and should continue to report for in-person work/class activities.
- However, in such an event, CDC guidance recommends that you:
- Get tested 3-5 days after your exposure (even if you do not have symptoms) and
- Wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until you test and have a negative result.
NOTE: If your test result is positive, you must follow the protocols for a positive
- If you are fully vaccinated and you have had symptoms since the exposure, please follow these
On-campus COVID Exposure for Staff and Faculty
If you are on campus and learn that you were exposed to another person on campus who is COVID positive:
- All persons in the office/classroom who are unvaccinated, or not fully vaccinated, should immediately go home.They should notify their supervisors and should quarantine.
- All persons who are fully vaccinated can return to their offices when instructed.
- All unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated people in the affected area must submit the
COVID-19 Reporting Potential Exposure Form as soon as possible, including faculty and supervisors where applicable.
- If able, supervisors or faculty who are informed of an exposure should close/lock the affected classroom/office and report the situation to UHDCOVID19@uhd.edu and/or submit a request for cleaning form.
- Monitor yourself for
COVID-19 Symptoms & Positive Diagnosis.