1. We help you learn to edit your own writing.
We will not edit work for you, but will gladly work with you to improve your skills.
2. We are fully online and appointment-based.
You can schedule one 45-minute online session per day.
3. Writers may work on one task per writing consultation.
For assistance with two writing tasks, please schedule two separate appointments.
4. We can assist with any assignment unless your instructor informs us otherwise.
If your instructor prefers that we not be a resource for an assignment, then we advise that you consult with your instructor.
As with all other assignments, when you have an essay exam, we cannot tell you if the subject matter is correct or incorrect and we will not edit the work. We can assist with the communication of the subject matter and, as appropriate, will use questions to help guide you for understanding.
5. Please arrive on time, and cancel if needed.
If you are more than 10 minutes late without notifying us for a consultation or miss 3 or more appointments in one semester, you will be limited to waitlisted tutoring until the semester’s end. If you are running late, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reserve the remaining time without canceling the appointment.
6. Tutors cannot speculate about your grade.
We can, however, share our thoughts about your writing’s needs and strengths. Please consult with your instructor for any questions about your grade.
7. Tutors cannot assist current classmates.
Writers are welcome to choose any other tutor on our staff.
8. Only staff who have completed ENG 3318 may tutor ENG 3318 students.
If seeking help for this course, please make an appointment with a WRC professional or graduate tutor.
9. Your WRC records are confidential.*
If your instructor requires proof that you participated in tutoring, you may share your email copy of the Conference Note sent via Gatormail summarizing your session.
*Unless otherwise required by university policy, such as Title IX concerns.