Interested in becoming a UHD Math & Statistics Peer Tutor?
- Convenient job located on campus
- Content mastery
- Opportunity to collaborate with peers and faculty
- Improved leadership and communication skills
- Strong recommendation letter toward graduate school, post-graduate employment, or scholarships
- Excellent resume booster
- Flexible work schedule
- Must be a current undergraduate student at UHD
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Effective communication skills
- Earned grade of A at UHD in the desired math and/or statistics courses
- Recommendation letter from a UHD Mathematics & Statistics Dept. faculty member related to the desired course
- Capacity to work with students with diverse backgrounds
- Commitment to work the time promised
- Be able to attend a mandatory training prior to Fall/Spring semester
How to Apply
Click here to complete the online application
- Applicants will need a resume and cover letter to complete the application. Please indicate the desired math and/or statistics courses in your cover letter.
- Ask a UHD Mathematics & Statistics Dept. faculty member to submit a recommendation letter on your behalf.
UHD Math & Statistics Peer Tutor Profiles
Hello fellow Gators, this is Joshua, currently pursuing a bachelor's in Data science with minors in Mathematics and Computer Science. Looking towards furthering my education in artificial intelligence. When not tutoring or engaging in my scholastic ambitions (school work, homework, etcetera.) I can be found doing lots of outdoor activities or having fun with my fellow tutors or colleagues.
name is Hung and I am a statistics Peer Tutor. Currently, I am a senior
majoring in Finance. After graduating, I would like to become a business
consultant. In my leisure time, I often play guitar, go to the gym or play
basketball with my friends.
I am a Junior here, at University of Houston
- Downtown. I am a computer science major hoping to become a software developer
in the near future. I enjoy writing short stories, screenplays, etc. on my free
time. This is my fourth semester working in the Center. I edit the videos that go
on the YouTube page, help manage the social media pages, and help UHD Students
reach their goals by tutoring them.
My name is Vi and I am currently pursuing a bachelor in Health Data Science at the University of Houston-Downtown. My future goal is to pursue a Ph.D. in Biomedical Informatics with focus on the field of innovative healthcare technology. Aside from my study and work, my hobbies include volunteering, outdoor activities, learning new skills, cooking and photography. I am excited to work as a math tutor in the Center and my tutoring courses range from Algebra to Calculus 2.