Eligibility Requirements for the UHD Greater Texas Foundation Scholars Program
To apply for this scholarship, a student must:
- Be a graduate of a Designated Texas Early College High School in good academic standing
- Have a minimum of 30 college credit hours earned with a C or better
- Be classified as a Texas resident for tuition purposes
- Apply and be accepted to the University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)
- Plan to earn a baccalaureate degree from University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)
- Apply for federal, state and institutional financial aid (grants/scholarships) through FAFSA or TASFA
Checklist for Required Application Packet
- Application Form submitted online (Personal / Academic Information)
- Personal Statement (as described in the online Application Form)
- Proof of FAFSA or TASFA submission
- Proof of Apply Texas application or UHD Acceptance Letter
Applications for the GTF Scholars Program for the Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 academic year are currently being accepted and timely submissions are encouraged, but will be considered accordingly as long as program vacancies permit.
In order to be considered for eligibility, applicants must be current seniors enrolled in a Designated Texas Early College High School who will graduate in Spring 2022.
. The registration timeline for students graduating from Early College High Schools in Spring (2022) and starting at UHD in the Fall 2022 semester will be posted on this webpage at the start of the Spring 2022 semester; the application for Fall 2022 is scheduled to be available on this GTF webpage in January when the university reopens for the spring semester. Please check back regularly for any updates.
Each year there are 40 vacancies. The selection of GTF scholars is not guaranteed by the date of submission, but rather the eligibility of the candidates applying. Usually applicants begin to get notification of their acceptance sometime in March after applications and supporting documents have been reviewed and telephone interviews have been conducted. The priority deadline is typically the first of April though the process often extends through April and May before all 40 openings are filled depending, of course, on the volume of submissions and the suitability of applicants.
All of the materials listed above are required for a complete registration packet. Incomplete applications will not be considered; late applications will be reviewed if program openings remain available. UHD GTF Scholars are chosen based on a holistic review of the candidate's application submissions, financial aid package, and will include a personal interview with the UHD's GTF Scholars Committee. Recipients will be notified by email.
A student who is awarded the UHD GTF Scholarship is eligible to receive $2,000 per year for three years.
- Complete 30 hours of college work each academic calendar year (Fall through Summer)
- Maintain good academic standing
- Continue full-time progression through fall-spring or fall-spring-summer semesters
- Meet all semester requirements for attendance, participation, and completion of program assignments
- Comply with advice of the Program Coordinator
For questions or for additional information, please contact:
Interim Program Coordinator,
UHD Greater Texas Foundation Scholars Program