What is it?
The Academic Surge Program is designed to ensure that students experiencing academic difficulties in their first year, have a more successful second year. In this workshop, we will focus on learning new and effective study habits, exploring key reasons for academic difficulty, and forming personalized success plans.
Students participating in the program will be refreshed on how to:
- Develop a plan for future academic success.
- Manage time and study effectively.
- Cope with personal and academic stressors.
- Leverage academic strengths.
- Integrate new learning strategies.
- Locate and utilize key campus academic resources.
- Partnership with your advisor, success coach and mentor throughout the semester.
- Certificate of completion for academic and financial aid appeals.
- Joining a community of learners focused on success.
What is the time commitment?
The time commitment requires participating in a 3 hour workshop. Students will also have access to their academic success coach and mentor during the semester.
How do I sign-up?
Academic SURGE sessions occur the week before the start of each Fall and Spring semester. The sessions for this semester have passed, but visit our
Academic Coaching to schedule an individual meeting to address your academic concerns.