The Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence (CTLE) serves as a hub of innovation, collaboration, and scholarship for the purpose of enhancing learning environments and optimizing ongoing student success initiatives through targeted faculty support.
The primary initiatives of CTLE are:
- To improve the first-year student experience through curriculum and faculty development.
- To enhance the quality of online and blended courses offered at UHD.
- To expand the use of the high-impact teaching and learning practices endorsedbythe Association of American Colleges and Universitites (AAC&U)
The center provides all full-time and part-time instructors at the University of Houston-Downtown with access to services and resources to support their teaching efforts, with consideration for different teaching styles and methods across the disciplines. CTLE programs include, but are not limited to:
- Individual consultation
- Classroom observation
- Instructional training grants
- Faculty teaching circles
- Professional development workshops
- Online resources