Backwards Design │ Community of Practice Essentials │ Overcoming Barriers
Successful collaborative course design is accomplished by combining sound principles of collaboration, course design, and project management. Explore the various sections of this module to streamline your course design or redesign project, deal with inevitable barriers, and plan for sustainability. Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Establish a productive faculty community of practice.
- Work collaboratively to accomplish a given objective.
- Reduce workload associate with good course design by collaborating with colleagues.
- Write actionable learning outcomes.
- Implement backwards course design.
- Map learning outcomes to course activities and assessments.
The principles presented in this module are applicable if you are planning to:
- Design a new course.
- Manage a course redesign initiative.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an educational intervention.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement best pedagogical practices.