The CTLE is pleased to provide UHD faculty with access to Magna Publications' 20-Minute Mentor video series. Magna's 20-Minute Mentors are video-based programs designed to answer a specific question related to teaching and learning. They deliver actionable insights in highly-focused 20-minute presentations designed to fit busy schedules. They are available on-demand, 24-7, and downloadable resources are also included with each video.
Accessing these videos is very easy!
Step 1: Request Your Join Link
Contact email@example.com from your UHD email account, and ask for the Join Link for 20-Minute Mentors. Remember that this is your link unique to your employment here at UHD: please do not share the link with anyone outside our campus community, as that would be in violation of our licensing permissions. If you're here as a result of being enrolled in the UHD Online Teaching Passport, the Join Link is already posted in the course in Blackboard. Return there to find the link.
Step 2: Activate Your Subscription
20-Minute Mentor Commons offers on-demand versions of Magna's popular 20-Minute Mentor programs, covering a broad range of faculty development topics. To register and log in to access the group subscription:
1. Go to https://www.magnapubs.com/register/
. Enter information in the required fields > Submit. NOTE: if you get an error that your password does not match, skip down to the EXISTING USERS Section below
2. Once successfully registered, you will see a screen “Thank you for completing your registration”
3. Go to t
he Join Link
you received in Step 1 above (you can request the link by emailing ctle@edu or by finding it in the Magna Videos content item in the UHD Online Teaching Passport course).
4. On the right side of the page, in the “Username or email address” box, enter the email address that you submitted in #1.
5. Enter your password > Login
6. On the My Account page > Join Team
7. On the My Online Access page click the appropriate orange “Go to….” box for access
8. For 20-Minute Mentor Commons subscribers: You will be taken to the dashboard for the institutional subscription. Scroll to search or locate the materials you wish to access or view.
Step 3: Access the 20-Minute Mentor Commons Library
Go to www.magnapubs.com/profile, enter your email address and password, and click Submit. If you do not know or remember your account password, use "Forget your password?" to reset it. On the left side of the screen, under My Account > My Online Access, select Subscriptions. The online content you have access to will be listed on the right. Click the appropriate link to view the content!
Call 800-433-0499 ext. Magna's office hours are 8am-5pm CST, Monday-Friday, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.