Skip to main content
  • Registration Dates, Apr.08 Online only, Apr.10 Veterans & first-time, Apr.15 Eligible declared, Apr.22 All eligible
    Summer Registration Dates

  • Registration Deadlines

  • Fall Registration Dates

  • Online Registration is Now Open
    Fall/Summer Registration Is Now Open

  • Academc Advising Center graphic
    Welcome to The Academic Advising Center

  •  Academic Advising Center presents Spring 2019 CRAM JAM, April 29th 2019, 10am - 2pm
    Academic Advising Presents: Spring 2019 CRAM JAM

    April 29th | 10am - 2pm | Special Events Center A300

  • Summer/Fall Registation Event,  April 22-23, 2019, 9am - 5pm, Testing Center GSB311
    Summer/Fall Registration Event

    April 22nd -23rd, 2019 | 9am - 5pm | Testing Center GSB 311

  • students hanging out on South Deck
    Register for an appointment today

  • advising event
    Talk to an Advisor


What is academic probation?

A student whose UHD GPA drops below 2.0 is placed on academic probation. If the student's UHD GPA does not improve in the semester thereafter, he/she will be placed on continued probation. After 3 consecutive semesters of a GPA below 2.0, the student will be placed on academic suspension.

What is academic suspension?

Students on academic suspension are ineligible to register or remain registered in classes for the next term/semester because the semester/term grade point average fails to meet the conditions of your academic probation (maintain a semester/term GPA of a 2.0 or greater). 

What if I am already registered for courses?

If you are currently registered for courses for the next academic term/semester, you will be automatically removed from all classes if placed on academic suspension. Students placed on academic suspension status are not permitted to enroll for the semester the suspension is in effect.

What happens after I have been placed on academic suspension?

If you wish to enroll in courses during the next term/semester, you must complete an appeal request to seek reinstatement and approval. Check here​ for more information.  ​

Who do I speak with about my academic status?​

It is recommended that you come in to speak with your academic advisor several times throughout the semester to prevent being placed on probation or suspension. However, if at the end of a semester you are not in good academic standing you may speak with your advisor about the necessary steps to take thereafter.

Last updated 1/30/2019 10:39 AM