UHD’s Behavior Intervention Team is a multi-disciplinary group established to support faculty, staff, and students to assess patterns of concerning behavior in individuals and groups. This will include, but not be limited to concerning, disruptive, or problematic behavior. The team works closely with Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, UHD police, and the UH System Office of General Counsel.
What do we do?
- Respond to and consult on reports of concerning behavior.
- Provide access to university resources that may be helpful.
- Determine appropriate direction for action: Counseling, Student Conduct, Police, Campus Relations?
- Reach out to referred individuals.
- Facilitate appropriate responses from Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, Counseling Services, Campus Relations or the UHD Police department.
- Monitor any situations that have not escalated to any actionable offense, but that merit careful observation.
before behavior escalates to the level that will require student conduct or police action.