Temporary Child Watch Expansion
UHD will offer an expansion of our Child Watch services on a temporary basis to support UHD faculty, staff and student in meeting their supplemental childcare needs.
Due to high number of anticipated requests, reservations are strongly encouraged:
A few highlights of the expansion include:
- Expand child watch beyond ages 3-9 to include ages 10-12
- Expand current hours of 8am -8:30 pm Monday – Thursday to include Friday 10am – 2pm
- Offer a child watch fee waiver to those who qualify, found on reservations link.
- Each child will be granted a maximum of 12 hours per week in child watch. Exceptions can be requested for the review of the Child Watch Administrator.
- This temporary expansion will only be available September 5-22
The Child Watch Center is a support service for UHD staff, faculty, and currently enrolled UHD students that need a reliable, safe, and fun environment for their children while working or attending class. Our Child Watch Center is operated through a partnership with the YMCA of Greater Houston. Their highly qualified staff is committed to providing a positive, caring experience for children between 3 and 9 years old and potty-trained.
The Child Watch Center is located in N298. This is on the second floor of the One Main Building, right across from the Student Government Association office and near the Girard St. parking structure entrance.
The Child Watch service is available to UHD staff, faculty, and currently enrolled students and will operate under the following criteria:
3-9 years and potty trained
Center hours are 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. – Student may use the service in four hour blocks, for up to 12 hours per week, for no more than 3 days per week.
$5.00 per hour, per child
Monday – Thursday
Fall, Spring and Summer (No holidays hours)
Click here to register
Please note that you must complete registration for you and your child prior to using the service.
Frequently Asked Questions