The University of Houston-Downtown Scholars Academy (SA) applications are accepted year-round for the fall and spring semesters. However, because funds are limited, students are urged to meet our apply early deadlines of December 1, February 1, or April 1. Priority is given to students who meet these dates.
- Meet one of the eligibility pathways described in the Application Guidelines
- Complete the E-Application
- Enroll at UHD as a full-time student and as a member of the Scholars Academy
- Declare your major within one of the following departments at UHD: Computer Science and Engineering Technology; Mathematics and Statistics; or Natural Sciences
- Note: Most scholarships require U.S. citizenship or permanent residency; however, international students are still invited to apply
Eligibility for renewal will be determined on a semester-by-semester basis. Scholars Academy (SA) scholarship recipients are required to fulfill SA requirements including:
- designated freshman/university seminar course
- full-time enrollment status towards a STEM degree
- minimum GPA requirements
- mentoring activities
- field trips
- on-campus events
- and possibly other requirements based on specific scholarship awarded
Applications and Forms
Submit to email@example.com.