Recipient UHD's "Outstanding Adjunct Professor of the Year" Award (2018-19).
Online Teaching Certification (UHD).
Member on a team which transacted the "Deal of the Year" in 2000 for the oil and gas industry worldwide ($6 billion acquisition of Union Pacific Resources).
President, Chief Operating Officer of a startup that negotiated and competitively-bid capture of oil and gas deals in Argentina (Oil and Gas Financial Journal, Dec. 2006).
Research and Academic Interests
I love people in general and I love science! I have always been drawn to Earth Science (geology, oceanography, astronomy/cosmology and meteorology) as well as Physical Science (Chemistry and Physics). I also like to supplement these interests with a deep interest in Philosophy (towards modifying our thought process to make our learning process more effective).
First and foremost, I am passionate about teaching. Yes, I teach content to my students but most of all, I get to participate in the learning experience by engaging and getting to know my students each semester. I feel very grateful for the opportunity to have already met so many amazing and interesting human beings (disguised as students). One of my tenets is to, wherever possible, to practice genuine engagement with my students. By getting to know my students better I believe I can be more effective in my role as an instructor. I look at each and every student as a unique, difference-making individual not just in my class but in the world. It is normal for an instructor to have 4 contact hours a week with his/her students. It is exciting for me and a privilege to better understand how they are being shaped in the other 164 hours of the week so that I can customize my courses to create the best learning environment them for individually and collectively.
- Teaching Circle Final Report June 30, 2018 (Team Lead) 2018: "Utilizing Technology to Increase Student Engagement and Learning". https://tinyurl.com/2018tcsen
- CST TeachIn Lunch Series: "Avoiding Roadblocks When Going Online", Course Entry Engagement. Presenter. 2018.
- "Instructor Presence in Online Teaching for Science Courses". ePoster Presenter. UHD Teaching and Learning Symposium. 2018.
- OGIS Small Cap Conference, Speaker (President, COO of Pluris Energy).
- Speaker at various industry conferences worldwide.
- Numerous presentations to the financial community, private equity firms, banking institutions.