- CS 1410 - CS I-Introduction to Computer Science with C++
- CS 2410 - CS II-Introduction to Data Structures and Algorithms
- CS 3304 - Data and Information Structures
- CS 4317 - Natural Language Processing
- CS 4319 - Statistical and Machine Learning
- CS 4332 - Artificial Intelligence
- CS 1410
- CS 2410
- Six hours beyond CS 1305
Note: Students must complete six hours of upper-level Computer Science. The six upper-level hours must be completed at UHD.
The Cyber Security Minor is designed to appeal to a broad range of students, across
multiple departments, in multiple colleges. All students who enroll in the minor will acquire a basic understanding of programming and a firmly grounded understanding of cyber security.
- CS 1410 - CS I-Intro to CS with C++
- CS2410 - CS II-Intro to Data Structures & Algorithms
- CS2302 - Digital Logic
- CS 3318- Intro to Computer Security
- CS 3324 - Computer Network Architecture
- CS 4326 - Network Security
The Engineering Technology minor is offered to provide specific engineering knowledge and skills to students pursuing degrees in other fields such business, humanities, or the sciences, and also to enhance the employment prospects of students enrolled in nontechnical majors. Laboratories associated with our courses give students hands-on skills in the use of up-to-date equipment, laboratory devices, and instruments. The minor can be customized to meet the needs of the student and to complement the student’s academic background. Course requirements shall include 20 semester credit hours in Engineering Technology courses with a limit of 12 credit hours transferred from other institutions. Course grades in the Engineering Technology minor must be “C” or better. Credit for Field Experience cannot apply.
Sample Requirements for ET minor
The sample for students pursuing the BBA, major in Purchasing & Materials Management or Bachelor of Science, major in Computer Science:
ENGR 1302, ENGR 1400, ENGR 2407, ENGR 3302, and six hours of upper-level engineering technology courses chosen in consultation with a CST advisor.
FOR ALL MINORS:
All hours counted toward the minor must be passed with “C” or better. At least 6 hours of upper-level course work in the minor must be completed at the University of Houston-Downtown.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the
CST Advising Center.