Healthcare design and construction, floodproofing/disaster retrofit methodologies and strategies, project management, lean building methods and integrated project delivery methods, knowledge management, retrofit prioritization, weldment analysis and fatigue, structural design and analysis, construction safety (OSHA/CALOSHA), bridge durability and longevity research, vibration analysis.
- CEE Young Alumnus Achievement Award – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2014
- Woman Scientist Delegate to Brazil, U.S. Department of State
- Board of Directors, Hockaday School Alumnae Association
- Advisory Board, Houston I.S.D. Project Lead the Way
- Board of Directors, ACE Mentor Program - Houston Chapter
Texas Children's Hospital Pavilion for Women (Structural Design); Menil Collection Master Plan (Civil Engineering Master Site Plan, 2010); ExxonMobil Campus (Deputy Project Manager, Infrastructure)