The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) and the College of Sciences & Technology are proud to announce the opening of the new 105,000 square foot UHD Sciences & Technology Building (STB) for classes in Fall 2019. Designed by Kirksey Architecture, in collaboration with faculty and students, and built by Vaughn Construction, this laboratory building features science on display and is the first LEED Gold building in the University of Houston System. Sitting along White Oak Bayou off of I-10, and at the intersection of downtown Houston, the East End, the Second and Fifth Wards of Houston, the STB highlights UHD's mission to provide accessible and inclusive science education to all Houstonians.
315 N. Main St.
Houston, TX 77002
| BY THE NUMBERS:|
- Cost: $73,000,000
- Gross square feet: 105,696 gross square feet
- Assignable square feet: 71,573 assignable square feet
- 14 Laboratory classrooms & support: 32,000 square feet
- 14 Research labs: 13,098 square feet
- Meeting rooms and public areas: 21,094 square feet
- Offices: 5,537 square feet
- Donations: over $1.61M
Donors: The Brown Foundation, Inc., The Cullen Foundation, The Fondren Foundation, Green Mountain Energy Sun Club, Mark & Tami Mallet, M.D. Anderson Foundation, George and Mary Josephine Hamman Foundation, the Uzman-Sater Family, the Whelan Family, The Elkins Foundation.