Sponsored Programs activities have increased at University of Houston-Downtown. UHD has received grant awards from federal, state and private sponsors, such as the National Science Foundation, the U.S. Department of Education, NASA, Welch Foundation and the Department of Defense, to name a few.
Faculty and staff have obtained funding to enhance UHD's ability to:
- provide scholarships to students in need;
- build computer and scientific laboratories to enhance our students' abilities to learn and to ensure that they are technologically prepared to enter the workforce;
- provide high level professional development to teachers in our local educational agencies;
- build programs that assist first-time-in-college students in becoming more successful in their college experience by providing academic advice and assistance, career workshops and counseling, assistance in completing college admission and financial aid applications, and tutorial services;
- provide educational support and encouragement to precollegiate students to attain a college education;
- enhance UHD's ability to deliver quality instruction and more efficient library services via an advanced technology infrastructure;
- allow faculty to further their laboratory research efforts and interests;
- partner with other universities in the enhancement of our educational mission; and
- bring the latest technology and scientific equipment to UHD laboratories.