Note: Students cannot independently declare a major in Social Work.
Admission to the Social Work Program is a competitive process. Requirements for acceptance into the program are:
- Acceptance into UHD
- Submission of a completed application packet in Tk20/WatermarkTM following the steps below (select the links for details)
Two completed Recommendation Forms - This requirement has been temporarily suspended due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Please follow the directions in the application for providing only the contact information for your two references.
Required essay, and
Transcripts (unofficial copies or grade reports are accepted) of prior collegiate work
- Note: Unofficial transcripts or grade reports must show 1) completion of English Composition I and II; 2) completion of the Texas Common Core Mathematics requirement; and 3) a minimum GPA of 2.5 in most recent 30 college hours.
Calculate your GPA
As part of the application process, students must disclose any investigation or conviction for abuse and/or neglect of a child, older adult or any individual with a disability. A conviction does not necessarily preclude you from the program; we must be informed of any conviction, and will discuss your particular situation with you. As part of the application process, you will need to attach a statement explaining the investigation, arrest and/or conviction.
Determination of admittance to the Social Work Program is based on:
- A quality writing sample
- Quality progress in prior academic history
- Demonstrated compliance and/or potential compliance with professional expectations as indicated in interactions and communications with staff, faculty, and students
- Number of available slots in relationship to the size of the applicant pool
- Needs of the community and profession
All applications are reviewed by the BSW Admissions Committee and a determination regarding admission will be emailed to you.
Application Submission Dates Applications to the Social Work Program are accepted on an ongoing basis. Applications are reviewed weekly by the Admissions Committee.
Instructions for Completing the Online Application in Tk20/WatermarkTM
DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER TO LOG IN TO Tk20/WatermarkTM
Applications from the menu on the left.
- Log into Tk20WatermarkTM at
https://uhd.tk20.com using your UHD Gatormail username and password
Note: Never Use the Back Button
Select the green tab toward the middle of the page titled: Create New Application.
BSW Program Admissions Application for the semester you plan to enter the program (ex. BSW Program Admissions Application Fall 2020 for the admission to the program in Fall 2020).
Next, complete the application as directed. Note: Items with the (*) are required fields.
Follow the instructions on the applications on how to upload your transcripts and essay.
Once you reach the bottom of the screen, you will see several options:
When your application is ready, enter your initials and click
Submit to send your application for official review.
Save: Return later
Close: Exit and withdraw your application
Submit: Send your application for official review
Return to previous page
Next: Button inactive
If you have forgotten your UHD Gatormail username and password, please contact UHD Information Technology Help Desk:
For assistance with Tk20/WatermarkTM or the BSW Social Work application log-in process, please contact the Unit Administrator at: email@example.com.\
IT Help Desk
Applicants Not Admitted:
- Please review and follow any instructions provided in your letter.
- Please note that students may appeal the admissions decision through the appeals process. Details about this process can be found at
One or more documents on this site are in PDF format. In order to view and print these document(s), you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader software. It can be downloaded from the