Welcome to the Impact Learning Office (ILO)!
This is the place to learn about high impact practices (HIPs) at UHD. Such practices have been shown to be beneficial for college students from different backgrounds. The UHD community is engaged in several HIPs. We are starting with four, including Service Learning, Study Abroad, Internships/Field Experiences and Undergraduate Research. We hope you will explore this site and contact us soon about participating in your favorite activity!
View more information on high impact practices.
Study Abroad (2019)
- We offered 7 Faculty-led programs with 119 students participating
- UHD students studied for a summer or a semester in Japan, France, China and South Korea
- International students attended UHD from Finland, France, and Estonia
- 60-70 course sections were designated as "service learning," allowing students to participate in 10 or more hours of coursework dedicated to projects that serve the community
- 170-180 course sections were designated as part of our A+CE program which focuses on developing critical thinking through community engagement
- 2 UHD GatorServe events in partner communities with 150-200 participants at each
- An average of 6 Community Engagement Grants led by UHD students per year; students proposed projects and carried them out with support of a faculty mentor.