The Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts (BAFA) program helps students develop talents and cultural knowledge, preparing them for success in any fine arts institution.
Fine arts majors have an understanding of art and personal expression. In addition, students acquire strong skills in research, public speaking, and writing.
Graduates who earn a BA in Fine Arts at UHD will be able to:
- Describe in detail the historical and stylistic development of each of the fine arts;
- Effectively analyze and communicate the significance of humanities and fine arts products and performances;
- Express ideas through multiple media.
The following four year degree plan is based on the UHD 2019-2020 academic catalog. Students should meet with a UHD Academic Advisor to develop their own plan.
Students who graduate with a degree in Fine Arts will complete an internship that provides practical work experience and encourages professional networking. Additionally, students produce a portfolio of professional work to present to potential employers. Skills developed in this program will be useful in a variety of areas, such as:
- Museum curation
- Commercial art, including graphic design, gaming, and advertising
- Studio art and live performance
- Art and music therapy
- Media and photography
- Art criticism
- Fashion, interior, and stage design
- Acting, directing, and technical theater
- Music production and composition
- Art - 18 Hours Minimum
- Arts Administration - 18 Hours Minimum
- Communication Studies - 18 Hours Minimum
- Creative Writing - 18 Hours Minimum
One or more documents on this site are in PDF format. In order to view and print these document(s), you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader software. It can be downloaded from the Adobe website.