Field Experience (HUM 4380) is an internship credit for humanities students. The customizable program gives students practical experience and networking opportunities in the local fine arts community.
Students must meet the following prerequisites before enrolling in the Field Experience course:
- Complete 60 credit hours, with a minimum of 6 hours earned at UHD.
- Attain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Declare a major in Fine Arts at UHD.
How to Apply
1. Find an Internship
- Meet with the degree coordinator or the Career Center staff to discuss placement options.
- Research local institutions and inquire about current or potential internships..
- Internships can be paid or unpaid.
2. Submit your proposal to the degree coordinator for approval.
Azar Rejaie, Room S1000, 713-222-5300.
- Be relevant to your degree program and future goals.
- Take place in a professional fine arts environment.
- You are not working for relatives or working in a position you have held before for this particular institution
3. Complete a
Field Experience Application from the Career Services office.
- Fill out the form completely, have your field experience on-site supervisor fill out page 2.
The degree coordinator will inform you when you are able to enroll in HUM 4380
- Return the form to Career Services and enroll in HUM 4380
The degree coordinator and on-site supervisor will evaluate your performance throughout the internship experience.
You will earn a Satisfactory (S) grade for the course if you meet these requirements:
- Meet with the degree coordinator to discuss progress at least once.
- Submit a one-page summary and evaluation of the internship experience upon completion of the term.
- Complete 120 hours of satisfactory work, as verified by the site supervisor.