The Community Cloth Marketing and Communications Intern
The Community Cloth (TCC) targets economic, educational and social goals through the provision of training and peer support, and by expanding market opportunities for refugee women artisans in Houston, Texas. TCC is a microenterprise project of the Alliance for Multicultural Community Services.
The Community Cloth seeks a highly-motivated, self-starter to assist with marketing and communications efforts. Tasks include, but are not limited to, web design, branding, content management, and social media. This internship is a wonderful opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a well-known, local nonprofit organization.
- Assist in updating and maintaining TCC's social media presence via Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing monthly eNewsletter.
- Help to create a media kit and media outreach list.
- Update the website with events, new products, and program updates.
- Collaborate closely with the Program Manager on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with clients, press, and community contacts.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs).
- Proficiency in Adobe Programs highly desired. Knowledge of graphic design a plus!
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of TCC.
- Must be 18 years or older.
8 – 12 hours/week, two days per week in the office preferably. Up to 4 hours can be completed remotely. Flexible scheduling.
Monday February 5th, 2018
This is an unpaid internship
Please send a PDF formatted cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: INTERNSHIP