The Women's Home
Description of Internship
We are seeking a Development Assistant Intern who is passionate about our mission of helping women in crisis, while interested in a non-profit fund-raising career. Our intern will join us at our Montrose campus, working with our highly motivated development team. We all looking for someone who wants to work in a fun, collaborative, and fast-paced environment; bring his or her own strengths and creativity to the position; and dive into our work of empowering women. The Development Assistant Intern will directly support the Manager of Community Involvement with the strategy and execution of all fund-raising efforts. Well-suited candidates should have an interest in non-profit management and women's leadership. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and gain experience in fund-raising, volunteer coordination, event planning and marketing.
- Identify and develop successful funding proposals and funding strategies
- Help to maintain database with donor and prospect information
- Assist with development of a training program for The Women’s Home volunteer ambassadors and speaker’s bureau
- Assist with volunteer recognition and volunteer coordination activities
- Represent The Women’s Home at off-site events for networking purposes
- Help with special events planning, outreach and communications
- Perform other related duties as required.
- A passion for empowering women to return to their community to lead whole and productive lives.
- Ability to commit to interning 10-15 hours per week.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and take initiative; must be self-motivated and can independently manage time, prioritize and manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including story-telling ability, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with excellent research skills and attention to detail.
- Desire to learn and possess confidence to ask questions.
- Possess computer/online/digital media capabilities; knowledge of Microsoft Office and Photoshop required; knowledge of iMovie and other video editing software preferred.
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups.
If interested, please send e-mail cover letter and resume to:
Manager of Community
No calls please