Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston
3217 Montrose Blvd.
Houston, Tx 77006
Department: Refugee Services
Supervisor: Program Assistant
Classification: Temporary/Full Time
To assist case workers and Refugee Services staff with providing services to newly-arrived refugees.
- Assisting caseworkers during resettlement orientation.
- Assisting caseworkers in all daily activities involving refugees.
- Preparing case files for newly arrived refugees.
- Assisting caseworkers by completing food stamps application and social security applications.
- Assisting caseworkers in filing check copies and other refugee documentations.
- Researching ESL providers in Houston, Harris County.
Case File Documentation
- Complete forms requested by R&P supervisor.
- Assist all Refugee Services staff with filing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken). Bilingual in (Arabic, Burmese, Spanish) will be a plus.
- Energetic, team-oriented, hard worker.
- Ability to file and perform basic computer tasks in Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
Contact Name and Number
Ali Al Sudani
No phone calls please