Center for Houston’s Future
1200 Smith, Suite 1150
Houston, TX 77002-4400
The Center for Houston’s Future is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to engage the community to think long-term and act strategically for the future economic, physical, social and cultural well-being of the region through research, facilitation and collaboration. The internship is approximately 10-15 hours per week during the 2010 spring. This position is designed to give the intern a general experience in a nonprofit organization, and is focused on communications and development.
Although, the position is not salaried, the Center will provide paid parking. In return, the intern will gain valuable work experience while contributing to the Center’s mission. Upon completion of the internship, the Center will provide references and course credit information (if needed). Other benefits of the internship include networking opportunities with civic, business, and political leaders; exposure to a wide variety of policy issues and tasks; the opportunity to participate in events and use your talents to impact a small and well-connected nonprofit organization.
- Help create a funding timeline to provide to donors
- Proofread and edit development proposals, as necessary
- Assist with the planning of upcoming development events, including scheduling.
- Draft press releases and general organization correspondence
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent composition, writing, and grammar skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Internet and utilization of email
- Knowledge of business and office operations
- Ability to handle general clerical/administrative tasks
- Self-motivated and directed
- Ability and flexibility to prioritize assignments, multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment and share tasks
- Demonstrated attention to detail in all work projects
- Professional appearance
Contact Name and Number