The Community Cloth Public Relations and Events Intern
The Community Cloth (TCC) targets economic, educational and social goals through the provision of training and peer support, and by expanding market opportunities for refugee women artisans in Houston, Texas. TCC is a microenterprise project of the Alliance for Multicultural Community Services.
The Community Cloth seeks a highly-motivated, self-starter to assist with event planning and public relations efforts. This internship is a wonderful opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a well-known, local nonprofit organization.
- Assist in researching and booking upcoming events that The Community Cloth may want to participate in
- Assist in outreach to potential trunk show hosts and booking trunk shows
- Attend events to help with sales and client outreach
- Update the website and Facebook page with upcoming events
- Collaborate closely with the Program Manager on new ideas, directions, and venues for PR and event planning of The Community Cloth
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with clients, press, and community contacts.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs).
- Proficiency in Adobe Programs highly desired.
- Previous internship or related experience in events or public relations is a plus.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of TCC.
- Must be 18 years or older.
8 – 12 hours/week, two days per week in the office preferably. Up to 4 hours can be completed remotely. Flexible scheduling.
Open until filled
This is an unpaid internship
Please send a PDF formatted cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: INTERNSHIP