Kids’ Own Studio students partner with the Child Life Media Producer to produce television shows for ZTV19, shoot and edit video in our state-of-the-art studio, master and operate professional-grade equipment, and engage with patients and families to create customized multimedia projects. Students work collaboratively with other members of the Child Life department in including child life specialists, child life activity coordinators, library coordinators, and music therapy.
- Assignments here are typically a 6 month commitment to a minimum of 2 hours/week Live production and broadcast experience not necessary, but an interest in the field is preferred.
- Ability to interact with hospital patients and employees congenially is necessary.
- Students can apply through Texas Children’s Volunteer Services:
- Ensure you specify interest in Child Life Media programs on the portion of application labeled “additional notes”. Volunteer Services will properly route submissions to Child Life Media.
- Additionally, please email to let us know you have submitted an application. Questions or concerns.