Alliance Marketing and Communications Intern
Alliance for Multicultural Community Services (Alliance) has a mission to create opportunities for refugees, immigrants, and underserved residents to achieve their goals for self-sufficiency and improve their quality of life.
Alliance seeks a highly-motivated, self-starter to assist with marketing and communications efforts. Tasks include, but are not limited to, content management, social media, and web maintenance. This internship is a wonderful opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a well-known, local nonprofit organization.
- Assist in updating and maintaining Alliance's social media presence via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Work with team members and executives to brainstorm concepts and content for digital media platforms.
- Research new social media trends.
- Collaborate closely with the Community Outreach Director on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications.
- Excellent written communication.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, adaptable in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with clients, press, and community contacts.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs).
- Ability to copy write across platforms is a plus.
- Proficiency in Adobe Programs and experience with graphic design a plus!
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus.
- Experience working with international colleagues is a plus.
- Interest in community-based non-profit organizations or immigrant/refugee issues is a plus.
- Must be 18 years or older.
10-12 hours/week, most of which are in the office. Flexible scheduling. Some opportunity to work remotely.
Monday February 5, 2018
This is an unpaid internship. We are happy to comply with university credit-based internship expectations.
Please send a PDF formatted cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: INTERNSHIP