Student Research and Community Engagement Grants ($500 each)
Deadline: February 14, 2022
- Want to learn more about plain language?
- Interested in helping a local nonprofit?
- Need community engagement experience to enhance your resume?
Call for Applications
The Institute for Plain English Research and Study (IPERS) at UHD invites undergraduate and graduate students to apply for research and community engagement grants. If awarded, you will:
- work with the institute’s co-directors and help a local nonprofit improve its communication (Spring 2022)
- design a poster to present the highlights of your work at one of the internal or external student conferences (May 2022)
- receive a $500 grant (May-June 2022)
Possible projects will include, but will not be limited to, creating and delivering workshops, designing or revising promotional materials, updating web content, creating video materials, and/or reviewing current research on plain language.
What Will Be Required of You
To successfully complete the project, you will be asked to:
- participate in an orientation meeting via Zoom
- communicate with the client and identifying the client’s needs
- meet with a faculty member twice a month to discuss your progress and share drafts
- produce and revise drafts of your poster presentation
- take a survey reflecting on your experience
How to Apply
Submit the following materials electronically as a Word file to
email@example.com by February 14, 2022.
- Your resume
- A short 200-word email addressed to the IPERS co-directors, Drs.
Natalia Matveeva and
Michelle Moosally, describing why you are interested in this opportunity