UHD 15th Annual Gender Studies Conference
Considering the current COVID-19 climate, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences is moving the UHD 2022 Gender Studies Conference to a virtual platform with the use of Zoom to ensure the safety of all of our participants.
April 15, 2022
10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Gender involves social and cultural understandings of sexual difference and the practices and behaviors that support or challenge those understandings. We welcome proposals from Houston area undergraduate and graduate students in all disciplines for individual papers, panels, poster presentations, visual art presentations, creative writing, or performance art.
- Gender and the body
- Gender rights
- Gender construction and the workplace
- Gender and Sports
- Historical considerations for gender
- Psychology of gender
- Influence of social media on gender acceptance
- Social movements on social media
- Sexual orientation and the law
- Femininity/Masculinity and folk heroes
- Masculinities Studies
- Feminism and equality
- Police brutality and gender (in & out of prison)
- Similarities in the female and male brain
- LGBTQ Issues
- The gender gap in STEM fields
- Gender legislation
- Gender and race
- Negotiating power across genders
- Male identity challenges
- Gender, sex, and marriage equality
Submit an Abstract
Deadline for the abstract is April 1 , 2022.
There will be 3 prizes of $200.00 for best paper, creative piece, and best general education paper.
The deadline to submit finished paper or creative piece (including visual art) is
April 14, 2022.
Best Paper Submission